Online music and instrumental lessons
Online music and instrumental lessons
Requirements, Terms and Conditions
From March, 2020
- The online platform through which the lesson will take place through will be discussed between parents, Enact Music administration and teachers, to ensure that parents and teachers can agree a platform available to them and which they are familiar with.
- Parents and teachers will use suitable software, internet providers and safeguarding programmes to guard against malware. Enact Music is not responsible for computer, headphone, or other equipment failure, belonging to parents, students, or teachers.
- All teachers at Enact Music comply with current child protection advice and legislation and have been 'Access NI' checked.
- The lesson’s online connection must always be established only between teachers and parents contacts or accounts, and never the child’s own email, phone, or social media contacts.
- The lesson must take place in a room with an open door and with a responsible adult in the same premises as the student while the lesson takes place, in cases where the student is under 18 years of age.
- It is mandatory that online lessons take place in a common area of the house, such as the living room or kitchen. Lessons in bedrooms are not allowed.
- Students must wear appropriate attire. If student’s attire is inappropriate, the teacher will terminate the lesson and no refund will be offered for time lost. The lesson can resume when the pupil is suitably attired. However, the lesson will finish at the set previously agreed finishing time.
- Students will not send any materials to teachers through any online platform, social media, or phone. Only parents are permitted to send anything to teachers, and it must be strictly related or connected to the provision of music lessons. Equally, teachers are only permitted to use parents/guardians contacts to send homework tasks and resources required.
- Students, parents, and teachers must never record a lesson without the knowledge and permission of Enact Music Director, as written consent from all parties is required before this can be done.
- If parents’ details are hacked, they must contact Enact Music immediately to inform them of any possible issue.
- Online lessons are at a set time on the same day each week, unless agreed otherwise between parent and teacher.
- Parents must ensure the internet connection is established at the lesson’s scheduled time and that the required equipment is functioning properly to enable the lesson to take place with the minimum hassle possible.
- Due to the timings of subsequent lessons, teachers may be unable to provide extension of lessons where the student did not show up the online lesson in time or where there were substantial technical difficulties as result of parents and student’s internet, software or hardware problems. Parents will not receive lesson refund in such cases as teachers need to be paid for their time. Rescheduling will be left to teacher’s discretion, in accordance with availability, and will incur payment for the re-scheduled lesson.
- Lessons cancelled by parents within less than 24 hours prior to the lesson will be fully charged and a replacement lesson will not be offered. Therefore Parents/guardians should contact Enact Music as soon as it is known that the student will be unable to attend their lesson.
- To let us know that you/your child cannot attend a lesson you are required to send two text messages as follows: 1) to Enact Music Administrator (Elisabete Tavares: 07504 548135) and 2) to your teacher (mobile contact given to you at the time of your enrolment).
- It is extremely important that you timely inform Enact Music Administrator of any lesson cancellations. Failure to do so may result in you being charged for lessons not given in case Enact Music is not aware of the cancellation.
- Any failure in internet connection or equipment on the teachers' device during a lesson will result in a reschedule, at no extra cost to parents, to compensate for the time lost because of technical difficulties.
- Any lessons cancelled by a teacher will be re-arranged by that teacher for an alternative date. If this is not possible, you will be refunded for that specific lesson.
- Individual lessons can be: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 1 hour as agreed with students, parents/guardians. Payment charges will apply accordingly:
£8 per 15 minutes lesson
£16 per 30 minutes lesson
£24 per 45 minutes lesson
£32 per 60 minutes lesson
- To ensure continuity of learning and achievement of the learning aims agreed between student and teacher students are expected to attend all lessons.
- Students who miss more than 3 lessons per term may lose their place to students on our waiting list, due to high demand for places.
- Students are required to give a minimum of 2-week notice upon leaving a course of lessons.
- Food, drinks or chewing gum is not permitted during lessons.
- Students will not be entered for any examinations, competitions, or festivals without written permission from parents/guardians and without prior payment of the relevant fee.
- Students, Parents/guardians will receive regular feedback on learning progress provided by teachers during the lessons.
- Parents/guardians are also welcomed to speak to Enact Music Director (Lilian Simones) about their child's progress by appointment. To arrange an appointment please contact Enact Music Administrator.